With the clocks changing in Europe, Christmas ads occupying our TV screens and supermarket shelves heaving with all types of festive food and products; the Christmas retail season is well and truly upon us.
Our CPM UK team share their latest research study which looks at the trends that will determine retail success this festive season and how CPM can support retailers to deliver more sales in the build up and during the busy Christmas retail season.
Predictions for the Christmas Shopping Season:
- Christmas gifts - It's all Digital: Parents in the UK will spend a combined total of £3 Billion on technology gadgets this year for their children; whilst in the USA this figure will rise as highas $34.2 Billion.
- Family board games remain on trend: 51% of families will still play traditional board games, with 25% of respondents choosing to play family games on a console
- Online spending rockets : 40% of US shoppers plan to shop online only this year
- Food & Drink: The average Briton will spend £110 on stocking up their food and drink this Christmas with this rising up to over €600 for Irish consumers
- Feeling the Holiday cheer: 32% of UK shoppers confirmed they still enjoy the in-store Christmas shopping experience whereas across the water, just 21% of US shoppers say they love the Christmas store atmosphere.
View our Christmas Shopping Infographics below to get the full results on the trends set to impact the festive shopping season this year.
Visit our Retail Sales service page to see our full list of retail support services available or Contact Us today to find out how we can help drive sales for your business this festive season.